Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Bear watched Doctor Who

Bear had an incredibly late bed time last night watching Doctor Who in 'The Day of the Doctor'.  I enjoyed it hugely as well.  Bear, DH and I watched it again this afternoon.  It was still enjoyable.

Father has been watching football.  Last seen he wasn't in a fit state to make it down the stairs due to whisky, so we will be taking dinner up to him.

Uncle has apparently had a good day, but while the staff can't say too much to me as I'm not next of kin, it sounds like he is still a bit wandering.  He isn't answering his phone so I can't call him direct.

I am gearing up for Operation Christmas Clean, which I am planning to start tomorrow.  As is traditional bear is looking red cheeked, bright eyed and running on calpol.  This has been building since Cardiff so I am not surprised that it is finally coming out.  I suspect that Operation Christmas Clean will be postponed while bear and I cuddle on the sofa watching 'The Day of the Doctor' again.  I may watch it again when DH comes home after his hospital appointment tomorrow.  He loathes hospitals and will need cuddles.

I think at the moment bear is in limbo between 'too poorly for school' and 'not bad enough for a doctor' so he may get dragged into school.  Otherwise it is just as well that father is going on his own to see the consultant on Tuesday, though I think father is nervous.  In fact I suspect that concern about the consultant is behind at least a quarter bottle of whisky.  I just hope he can find the right place.  Leeds General Infirmary is vast and can take half an hour to walk from one side to another.  It really is a route march.  I tried to find a map of Leeds General Infirmary but apparently one doesn't exist.  So here is a pretty picture of the more picturesque part.


The picture does not do it justice and if you sneak in for a shortcut through the staff entrance as I used to when visiting my late father in law you go past a beautiful Victorian Gothic interior.  Then you sadly get to the institutionalised green painted bits, but that entrance is gorgeous.

2 comments:

  1. You can download a map of the entire LGH site from http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk/fileadmin/Documents/Locations/Leeds_General_Infirmary_COLOUR.pdf. Hope your father finds his clinic ok. I've only visited the hospital once to meet the healer at the Oncology Centre and to attend a spirituality conference. It was vast, especially for a newcomer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I'll get that map printed for father. It is so big. I don't know a wide range of hospitals, but this is vast. Father is allowing plenty of time. Thank you so much for this help, it feels like a massive hug, and I am very grateful. WS xxx

    ReplyDelete